Northland Pines boys’ soccer team scored three second half goals and snapped Lakeland’s three game win streak with a 4-2 Great Northern Conference win at River Valley Bank Field in Minocqua on Tuesday night. 
Northland Pines controlled the tempo for the first 23 minutes of the game. Eagles senior Lochlan Siegmeier had several chances to score but missed wide right in the 7th minute; hit the left post in the 13th minute and missed an open goal three minutes later. 
Lakeland took advantage of the Eagles’ miscues and scored the first goal of the game 45 seconds after it started raining. Junior Evan Thiessen sent a great pass in the box that Northland Pines goalkeeper Colby Kruse tried to catch but couldn’t handle, and junior Brandon Boh kicked it in to give Lakeland the 1-0 edge in the 34th minute. 
“They were attacking the whole time,” Lakeland soccer coach Julian Beltran said. “We just needed to be patient attacking from our wings.”
The Eagles answered just over nine minutes later as Siegmeier took a feed from sophomore Trevor Romatoski and booted the ball to the left past a diving Mason Holmquist, and the game was tied 1-1 in the 43rd minute.
The first 15 minutes of the second half were evenly matched on both ends of the field. However, in the 60th minute, Northland Pines took advantage of a free kick as Romatoski sent the ball in front of the goal from the corner and junior Brady Snedden came out of traffic to score past goalie Vincent Strong who played the second half and the road team led 2-1. 
With an annoying mist hitting the field turf, Lakeland found their footing and lit up the scoreboard just over one minute later as junior Anthony Thoms took a centering pass and delivered the equalizer to tie the game 2-2. 
“That was an awesome goal,” Beltran said. “That was a nice center and that was the most beautiful goal of the night.”
The road team took advantage of the wet ball in the 72nd minute as junior Liam Oas hooked the ball toward the goal from the corner and it went through Strong’s fingertips and into the goal for a 3-2 Eagles lead. 
Seven minutes later, Lakeland was called for a hand ball in the box and Oas put the finishing touches on the Eagles win by scoring on the penalty kick from close range to close out the 4-2 win.
“We planned a good game and unfortunately our goalie made some big mistakes in the second half and we gave up two goals,” Beltran said. “We played very good, we defended very good, we attacked when we could but soccer is like that. It’s not who deserves it, but who scores.”
Lakeland (3-2) hosted Rhinelander on Thursday after deadline.