The Bonhomie Club of the Howard Young Foundation is a great way to get involved and show your loyalty and support for the hospitals served by the Foundation – Howard Young Medical Center (HYMC) in Woodruff and Ministry Eagle River Memorial Hospital (MERMH) in Eagle River.
Bonhomie means good or exuberant friend, or a feeling of friendliness among a group of people. The word is commonly used to apply to a person whose qualities of friendship and caring set him or her apart from others.
Bonhomie Club members are very special to us at the Foundation; affiliation with the club signifies strong continued interest in the present needs and future welfare of Howard Young Health Care hospitals.
Membership in the Bonhomie Club begins with an annual gift of $100 or more. Whatever gift level you select, you will be planting a seed that will enhance health care in our communities, making a difference in the lives of your family, friends and neighbors. We chose the tree as a symbol of The Bonhomie Club, because trees are a beautiful and essential symbol of the Northwoods.
Levels of Recognition
• Aspen: $100-$149. Known for the vibrant yellow of its autumn leaves, the fast-growing aspen is a versatile tree that is a primary raw material source for the paper and board industries, just as Aspen level gifts are a much-needed staple for the programs and services of HYHC.
• White Cedar (Arbor Vitae): $150-$249. Beautiful and fragrant, the white cedar provides wood that is especially desirable in furniture making. Its beauty and resilience are like your gifts, creating a durable foundation for HYHC to continue its mission of providing the highest quality health and patient care.
• White Pine: $250-$499. Majestic and upright, the white pine offers wood that provides durable strength. Like the White Pine, your gifts strengthen and enhance health care at HYHC for you, your family and your neighbors.
• Sugar Maple: $500-$999. Distinguished by its glorious color in autumn and rich springtime sap, Wisconsin’s state tree, the sugar maple, is one of our best known and most valuable trees, as your generosity is immeasurably valuable in caring for others at HYHC.
• Red Oak ($1,000 or more annually). The deep roots of the stately and long-lived red oak form a solid base for its growth, allowing this tree to provide a strong wood used for construction, furniture and fuel. Few trees provide more lasting benefit, as does your philanthropy in helping to provide the highest quality medical and patient care for generations to come.
As a Bonhomie Club member, you will belong to a distinctive group of generous, compassionate friends – people like you who believe in the charitable mission of advancing health care and who want to have a meaningful, significant impact on patients’ lives. You’ll have a direct line of communication with Howard Young Health Care. You will be kept informed of special programs and services at our hospitals and how they will make a positive impact on our communities and the lives of all the patients served by our hospitals.
With an annual gift of $100 or more, your name will be listed on the donor recognition wall at HYMC or MERMH. A festive celebration event designed to honor and pay special tribute to Bonhomie Club members is held annually to recognize club members and share how their gifts have impacted the lives of others.
Every charitable gift is important, no matter the amount. If you care enough to give, that’s what matters most. The Foundation staff would be honored to meet with you to talk about your interests and desires related to advancing the future of health care in northern Wisconsin.
Please call us at 715-439-4005 or visit our website at www.howardyoungfoundation.org.
You may also stop in to see us in downtown Minocqua at the Clock Tower Centre, 420 Oneida St.