The Historical Society of Lake Tomahawk hosted a Boat and Collectibles Show Saturday, Aug. 16, at the Sloan Community Center in Lake Tomahawk.
Hardy souls braved the rain to shop the collectibles and view the boats, most of which were from the Sunflower Boat Works which operated near Lake Tomahawk in the early 1900s.
The star of the show was by far a 20-foot Sunflower Launch built in 1913.
It was stored in a building near the corner of Hwy. 47 and County Highway D for many years and was originally owned by Roy Mahood until Gene Wendt of Crown Point Classics (car restorations) purchased it.
But it was not until John Flannery took ownership that it was restored by Mike Lynch and Tom Jordan of Oneida Boat Works.
Mr. Flannery is a “most time” resident of Minocqua.
While she was never christened, this is a boat that needs no name; her history is enough.