Firefighters from several area towns converged on a structure fire at Pukall Lumber in Arbor Vitae Wednesday afternoon.
They responded to the July 3 fire that had broken out in what was one of the the business’s oldest buildings, according to Sue Pukall, public relations and marketing director.
“It houses our panel shop, molding and flooring shop and planer,” she said.
The call came in just before 3 p.m. There were no injuries and once the fire had been put out, firefighters continued to keep hoses trained on the persistent hot spots.
According to Pukall, one employee had been in the panel shop at the time of the fire.
Highway 70 East was also closed for a short time to allow firefighters room to bring in equipment to the scene. The highway was reopened around 4 p.m.
In addition, one St. Germain firefighter was transported from the scene because of heat exhaustion. His condition is not known.
Firefighters and equipment from Arbor Vitae, Woodruff, Minocqua, St. Germain, Plum Lake, Lake Tomahawk and Little Rice were sent to the scene.
Brian Jopek may be reached at email@example.com.