3/13/2014 6:16:00 AM Presque Isle home destroyed by fire
Firefighters from three departments responded to Wednesday night's fire in Presque Isle. This photograph is from the scene of a previous fire.
Dean Hall photograph
The Vilas County Sheriff’s Department received a 911 call at 11 p.m., Wednesday, March 12, reporting a house fully engulfed by fire.
The home is located at 8130 South Bay View Road in the Township of Presque Isle.
The single-story dwelling was discovered fully engulfed in flames by a neighbor. The homeowner was not present at the time of the fire and the initial investigation revealed that the fire started near the chimney area.
The home was a total loss.
The Presque Isle Fire Department responded to the call and were assisted by the Winchester Fire Department, the Manitowish Waters Fire Department, the Boulder Junction Fire Department and Excel Energy.