GriefShare: Surviving the Holidays seminar on Dec. 14
December 06, 2019
“GriefShare: Surviving the Holidays” is a helpful, encouraging seminar for people facing the holidays after a loved one’s death. Holy Family Catholic Church will be hosting a non-denominational seminar before the Christmas holidays from 10 a.m. until noon on Saturday, Dec. 14 at Holy Family Catholic Church, 8950 County Highway J, Woodruff.
Pre-registration is encouraged at least one week prior to the seminar date. The cost is $5 to cover the cost of the Survival Guide. Child care is not available.
The seminar features video interviews with counselors, grief experts, and other people who have experienced the holidays after their loved one’s death and who offer practical suggestions and reassurance. These people share honestly on these issues:
• Being prepared for surprising emotions that may hit over the holidays
• What to do about traditions and other coming changes
• How to handle holiday parties and invitations
• How to survive potentially awkward moments with other people
• Where to find comfort, strength, and hope in a seemingly hopeless time
Those who attend will receive a Survival Guide filled with practical tips, encouraging words, journaling ideas, and exercises for daily help through the holiday season.
For more information and to register, call Holly (Extension 168) or Lyn (Extension 155) at 715-356-6284.