Substitute teacher training on Sept. 30 and Oct. 1
September 27, 2019
CESA 9 in Tomahawk is offering substitute teacher training on Monday and Tuesday, Sept. 30 and Oct. 1. Individuals with a bachelor’s degree and who successfully complete this training are eligible to apply for a substitute teacher permit.
CESA 9 developed the substitute teacher training in response to a Legislative Bill permitting the temporary teacher certification of individuals with bachelor’s degrees in areas other than education. The training is designed to prepare prospective substitute teachers with basic information about the substitute teacher’s role. Participants who complete the training and practice will receive a certificate of completion.
During the workshop, participants will be guided through the Department of Public Instruction’s application process for the substitute teacher license.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
• Identify and understand the professional responsibilities and roles of the substitute teacher;
• Identify and demonstrate successful classroom organization, management and behavioral strategies;
• Understand the importance of student safety;
• Prepare and conduct a lesson;
• Understand the legal responsibilities of a substitute teacher;
• Use and demonstrate appropriate communication protocols and procedures during the school day.
For more information, visit the CESA 9 website at www.cesa9.org or call 715-453-2141.